Given that anemia is a warning sign, not a sickness hence having anemia usually points towards some causal health problem. While talking about anemia side effects, we must take into consideration some of the symptoms and signs which we take casually; however we tend to forget that these comprise the stuff which we have been experiencing for quite a few weeks but have intentionally or unintentionally overlooked them because we had been attributing them to our usual daily stresses.
In fact the anemia side effects are mostly noticed only when it gets shoddier. So our aim is to make you a more knowledgeable.
For all-purposes, the anemia side effects more often than not speak about how low down the level of RBCs digs up in the body, as a replacement for the particular cause of anemia. When RBCs are merely lower than normal levels in an average case of anemia, there may truly be no perceptible side effects. However, when the RBC levels become poorer, the anemia side effects become well-defined.
When the quantity of RBCs becomes very low down or stumpy levels of RBCs are left untouched for an extended time, the side-effects of anemia can be relentless. So what we suggest is to keep the following side effects of anemia in your mind so that you can seek germane medical advice from an online doctor.
- Feeling of exhaustion and overtiredness; these feelings are caused by lack of oxygen and blood flow. The stumpy quantity of oxygen triggers the body to work too hard. As a result, the body may become very much pooped and may even close up.
- Diminished vigor
- Dizziness and headache; these occur on account of reduced oxygen and blood course to the brain.
- Loss of appetite
- Generalized weakness throughout the body
- Pallor of skin, mucosal linings and nail beds
- Dyspnea or shortness of breath
- Tachycardia(speedy heartbeat)
- Asymmetrical heartbeat or arrhythmia ——–this condition can injure the heart muscle and may even cause malfunction of heart and hurt the organs.
- Pain in chest
- Palpitations(A feeling in which a person is conscious of a lopsided, or speedy heartbeat)
- Hypotension(low blood pressure)
- Increased heart beat(tachycardia)
- Heart murmur (It is an additional or abnormal sound picked up throughout a heartbeat. Murmurs could be very faded to very noisy. Occasionally they sound like a whistle or whisper)
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial infarction(heart attack)
- Difficulty in concentration
- Cold hands and feet
- Dampness due to excessive sweating
- Pica (a condition in which the person has a spontaneous desire to consume the stuff that has no dietary significance e.g. clay,ice,crumbles of desiccated plant, bits of metal,glue,chalk,feces,buttons,ashes,dirt,cigarette butts etc)iron, zinc and calcium deficiency cause pica.
- Koilonychia or spoon-shaped fingernails (it means an indentation in the nail to such a degree that a water droplet could be sited in the indentation. Koilonychia is usually linked with iron deficit.)
- Cheilosis is a condition in which the lips or the corners of the mouth chink. It is due to the shortage of riboflavin/ anemia/improper dentures etc.
If you want to ask medical questions, our online doctor is available to answer you.